Saturday, April 21, 2012

#7. An Art A Day - Day 6 Cosplaying Another of My Characters

It turned out that cosplaying was addictive. :P
After fidgeting over whether I should do this again or not, I decided to do it again.
This time, I'm cosplaying Miso Choi (최미소, 17), another character for my fantasy drama project, Crossing. (http://blog.naver.com/haejinsung)
She is a melancholic writer who is very much shut inside.



She spent more time in hospital then at school because of her physical illness.
She is also pretty depressed. She was going to commit suicide when her soul was suddenly switched with another person, who had a lot of reason to stay alive (for revenge and love..... :P).

This is my drawing of her. You can see it and my explanations in: 

The tricky thing about creating this character is that she could end up being such a stereotypical female heroine in lachrymal melodrama. She does not cry, not for her own sake, so she is not teary-teary, but still! 
Well, anyway,
I did try to create that .. how shall I say.. haunting looks in her. 
I also tried to make her look different from another female protagonist, Ji-Eun. (drawings and further explanations can be found here: http://haejinsung.wordpress.com/2012/04/20/5-a-doodle-a-day-day-12-drawing-a-character-ji-eun/. I cosplayed her a few days ago. (which can be seen here: http://projectmacy365.blogspot.ca/2012/04/7-art-day-day-3-cosplaying-one-of-my.html)





Ji-Eun
vs
Miso.
Do I look different?




Some of the transforming process:

Me with no makeup :P


After applying a lot of concealers to make my skin look a tone or two lighter. I imagined her to look pale.
But the photo does not show much :(


After changing the shape of my brows, eyes, and lips, I put on a black dress she usually wears. I also wore a black knit hat (I suddenly forgot what it's called..) to hide my hair and add a bit more "darkness" in my looks.
Of course I do not look exactly like my image of her in my mind.... :P



I look ... a bit... like a .... ghost? Ewwwww~




I'm trying to make her character a bit saucy and cynical in a very calm, calm, way. So she wouldn't smirk while making satirical comments at her brave yet reckless and thoughtless partner (I mean, the one whose soul was switched with hers). 
I think she is a kind of person who can act out the thought she decided right away without hesitation, when she thinks that it is important for someone else (but she wasn't able to take her own life away that easily...). She could do really dangerous or even terrible and violent things for others' sake, often without telling anybody about it. In fact she wouldn't feel any need to tell somebody. She had long lost hope in communication.




Er... then again, I returned to my own self in a millisecond.




I love this effect in the web cam the most ... fufufufufu.




This time I am glad that I got to develop this character a bit further while cosplaying.
I felt pretty sad and alone when I was posing as Miso. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment